Welcome to the new and improved My Dreams of Disney site! With the incredible help of my friend Jeff at Techallogy, the site has been transferred off of the Blogger platform, and onto a self-hosted WordPress site! Today is the second birthday for My Dreams of Disney, and I would like to send a special thank you to each and every one of you for making our site one that you come to for your classic Disney Fix! Over the past two years, I’ve had a lot of fun and made some great friends, so I thought I would give them a little blog love today:
- Chip from Chip & Company — Chip took me on in November of 2010, and has become a great friend both inside and outside of the blogger world. Chip & I are collaborating on a giveaway starting on Monday, so get ready to enter!
- Beth from Pursuing the Magic — Beth is one of the best people I know, and is both the creator of Pursuing the Magic and the wildly successful Magical Blogorail! She started the Magical Blogorail Red line in February, 2011, and I was one of the charter members for that line! Thanks for including me, Beth, it’s been an incredible run!
- Deb from Focused on the Magic — When it comes to photography skill, there aren’t many people out there that I think have the skills that Deb does! Deb hosts the weekly series “Wordless Wednesday” and you have seen my work depicted on there numerous times! Deb, I’ve got next week’s picture already in mind, even if it doesn’t match the theme!
- Amanda from Disney’s Cheapskate Princess — Amanda is an incredible friend, and one that I have actually had the pleasure of meeting! She is a lover of all things Disney, and her new blog, Disney’s Cheapskate Princess, is all about the best ways of saving your money to make it to Disney on a budget!
- Natalie from Meet the Magic and The Disney Moms — Natalie is the creator of the site Meet the Magic, and used her persuasion skills to create The Disney Moms site, of which I am a member as well. If you haven’t seen either of these sites, check them out, you won’t be sorry!
- Jodi from Magical Mouse Schoolhouse — Jodi is an incredible friend, who happens to have a wildly popular site that focuses on activities that you and your homeschooled children can do at Disney to continue the learning outside of the classroom! As she says on her blog (and in her new book, I might add!) “You can learn while you play when you discover that Disney IS school!”
- Last, but certainly not least, I need to give a shout out to my incredibly dear friend Brenda from Ideally Disney. Brenda is a terrific person, a Sister-in-Christ, and one that I love with all my heart. We had the fortune to meet at Walt Disney World during the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, and it is a meeting that I will never forget! Brenda is also a Pixie Vacations Travel Agent, so look to her for your travel needs!
- The list of names could go on for an hour, but I’ve got to go to work, so I’ll stop it here. Just know that the Disney friends I’ve made are incredible, and ones that I treasure to this very day!
Of course, this site wouldn’t even be possible without the love and support of my wife Cindy and my daughter Sophie — they are Disney Fans just like me, and this morning Sophie asked if we could go on a Disney Cruise next year! I’m not sure if that is in the works just yet, but it is certainly something to keep in mind!
That’s all I’ve got for now, thank you for hanging with us over the past two years, and for making My Dreams of Disney your Dreams of Disney also!